ComputerBanter.com

ComputerBanter.com (http://www.computerbanter.com/index.php)
-   Acer Computers (http://www.computerbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reset Vista to "new"... (http://www.computerbanter.com/showthread.php?t=155333)

Paul H September 19th 09 03:26 AM

Reset Vista to "new"...

I have an Acer 4730Z w/Vista Home Premium. I want to put it back to factory
condition. How? Is there a hidden disk partition that will do it for me?
Press some key while start-up is going on? I have 2 "recovery disks". Can
I use them? How? TIA, Paul

Happy Oyster September 19th 09 03:43 AM

Reset Vista to "new"...

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 21:26:37 -0500, "Paul H"
wrote:

I have an Acer 4730Z w/Vista Home Premium. I want to put it back to factory
condition. How? Is there a hidden disk partition that will do it for me?
Press some key while start-up is going on? I have 2 "recovery disks". Can
I use them? How? TIA, Paul

Don't you have a handbook or at least a sheet of paper with a description how to
do it?
--
Charles Berliner: Geschichte der AnnaŽlle

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_anna.htm

Paul H September 19th 09 04:13 AM

Reset Vista to "new"...

I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out of
the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
anyway...

Happy Oyster September 19th 09 04:20 AM

Reset Vista to "new"...

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:13:32 -0500, "Paul H"
wrote:

I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out of
the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
anyway...

Then you have a problem because it is a MUST to completely erase all private
data on the HDD.

.. .

Don Phillipson[_4_] September 19th 09 02:20 PM

Reset Vista to "new"...

wrote:

I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out

of
the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
anyway...

Then you have a problem because it is a MUST to completely erase all

private
data on the HDD.

I see no major problem, so long as Vista allows the user
to delete all files dated since he first started using this PC.
(Non-data files essential to Vista will be protected by Vista.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Paul H September 19th 09 02:25 PM

Reset Vista to "new"...

I used Acer eRecovery to cause the hidden disk partition to reformat the
disk and set Windows to factory condition.

wrote:

I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out of
the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
anyway...

Then you have a problem because it is a MUST to completely erase all
private
data on the HDD.

. ..