Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 14th 19, 10:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By [email protected]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif ?

The status on your pictures is:

403 Forbidden
Request forbidden by administrative rules.

Hmm,

It's either a problem on your side.

Or perhaps there was a bandwidth resource...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif ?

I took some pictures of this plug:

Link to Folder:

http://www.skybuck.org/BlackPlugInOpticalSPDIF/

Link to Pictures (approx 3 megabyte per...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 08:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif ?

Never mind I figured it out.

I have two of these motherboards, I went to the brand new one, the backup motherboard.

Both are supposed to be second hand but looks completely new.

The black square...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 07:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif ?

What the **** is this on the last picture ?

https://www.legitreviews.com/winfast-nf4sk8aa-8ekrs-motherboard-review_328/2

4's thing from the left, it's some kind of square port ?! black ?!

It's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 19, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Windows 10 file and printer sharing options are ON by default,and OneDrive is PUBLIC by default, beware!

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 8:19:57 AM UTC+1, RayLopez99 wrote:
I was recently shocked to find my printer and file sharing options are ON by default in Windows 10 (I thought I had turned them...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 7th 19, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Cookies lag your browser

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:22:23 AM UTC+1, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 17:58:13 -0500, Bill wrote:

wrote:
Cookies and other...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Congratulations to Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 SoundblasterBEST ELECTRONICS PRODUCT of the last 13 years.

Forgot to mention one thing:

25. Scythe Cooler heat pipes could have caused corsair memory chip to developed a bad bit. (Speculation though ;) so this cooler a bit too big and clunky... still going...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

****ing annoying for some reason thx setup console is not working correctly.

Everything is coming from the FRONT ARGH !

Even though the THX setup console plays all sound through front...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 19, 10:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Congratulations to Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 Soundblaster BESTELECTRONICS PRODUCT of the last 13 years.

Hello,

I really need to go to sleep and I am very tired and sleepy but I just occured to me... I was thinking about and counting all the components that died/broke of my DreamPC from 2006 in the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

****ing annoying for some reason thx setup console is not working correctly.

Everything is coming from the FRONT ARGH !

I am starting to regret this spdif optical experiment a little bit.

Most of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 10:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

What I can do however is go into my virtual disk of operating system windows xp.

Drivers are probably installed there and then I can compare those executables to current executables bit by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 10:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

https://documentation.help/Creative-X-FI-TSD-9846-0xC839EF1F/documentation.pdf

PDF 83 of 93.

7.1 setup, two of the Lineout connectors have a total of *four* contacts.
This requires...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:06:54 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
I connected pretty much everything as described he

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

I just installed as follows:

1. Drivers for windows 10 from web release onto windows 7 working fine.

2. Everything that cannot be done by auto uodate from installation cd/nero:

result: crashing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

I did come across audio objects in the registry editor so perhaps a configuration issue is there.

However I also come across some more interesting things:

A guy claiming that this tool might could...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUG BUG !!!

I connected pretty much everything as described he

https://www.creative.com/oem/resources/soundcards/sb046x.pdf

And all connections connected to the proper inputs on the denon receiver 1909.

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Cookies lag your browser

Cookies and other "persistent data" from websites is a lagging your browser and system as follows:

1. Tiny little ****ty files stored on your harddisk's file system causing:

1.1 Huge load times...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 05:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Installing Creative Entertainment Center fails on Windows 7

This is really ****ed up... can't run repair tool... the setup program just re-starts from the front... it does not understand that something went bad...

I still selected everything... let's see how...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Installing Creative Entertainment Center fails on Windows 7

There could be a bug in the later installshield software.

I think installshield must first be installed before programs like these can be installed.

So these installers are not "self-contained"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Installing Creative Entertainment Center fails on Windows 7

Hello,

I am pretty sure my Windows 7 was a clean as possible given the circumstances though... not entirely clean lots of software on it, but creative-wise should be gone/good to go.

Every time I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 04:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

I tried the daniel drivers... the installed beautifully, but the software is slow and there is huge ammount of clicking/popping nose...

Also volume knob is not working but this was also the case...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

Well Well Well.

I'll be fair to creative labs.

I just removed everything and this time it did work.

Creative System Information was also successfully de-installed.

So I guess the repair tool did...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

Creative Labs definetly has the worst drivers/installation cd software and update software and repair software in the history of drivers.

I tried to remove all creative x-fi drivers.

Re-installed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 4th 19, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

I am now re-installing the creative labs software.

First I tried to uninstall as much as possible of creative labs software, had to uninstall twice.

creative labs
soundblaster x-fi

stuff removed...