Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: General March 13th 19, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
ST4000NM0035 vs ST4000NM0033

wrote:
On Sunday, 18 December 2016 18:02:41 UTC+5:30, Lars Bonnesen wrote:
For at 4 TB drive sitting internally in a SuperMicro server as an
ESX-test-/develserver,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 19, 07:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Chrome blasts XP out of the water when I Exit from it

John B. Smith wrote:
My employer uses Google Chrome for their OS (it's a school). I
installed some variant of the Chrome browser on my WindowsXP desktop
and am able to sign onto the school's...
Forum: General March 5th 19, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Battery not recognised

Sécherre wrote:
Le 04/03/2019 √* 17:32, S√©cherre a √©crit :
Hello !

I've installed Debian Stretch on my HP x2 Detachable with the kernel
4.19.

My battery isn't recognised, so I...
Forum: General March 4th 19, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Battery not recognised

Sécherre wrote:
Hello !

I've installed Debian Stretch on my HP x2 Detachable with the kernel 4.19.

My battery isn't recognised, so I don't have a battery level in the
systray. Only...
Forum: General February 27th 19, 07:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Looking for MOBO compatible with Coreboot

user wrote:
hello,

which Unix/Linux friendly Motherboard you recommend compatible with
Coreboot?

Thank you
Forum: General February 25th 19, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:

Thanks for you professional opinion Paul. On the other hand, if my rig
becomes unstable, maybe I should have the shop put a scope on it. If the
electrolytic capacitors are...
Forum: General February 25th 19, 06:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:
[snippage]

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a
repair shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I
gave him RAM...
Forum: General February 21st 19, 09:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Norm X wrote:

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a repair
shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I gave him
RAM I could not sell. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 19, 10:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 02:39:42 -0500, Paul wrote:

wrote:
The status on your pictures is:

403...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 19, 08:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
The status on your pictures is:

403 Forbidden
Request forbidden by administrative rules.

Hmm,

It's either a problem on your side.
Forum: General February 10th 19, 05:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

Norm X wrote:

Thanks Paul, for the advice.

After I did the service work, the old PSU worked sufficiently well that I
kept it in that PC for a month, even though a new Coolmax 400W I-400...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

wrote:
I took some pictures of this plug:

Link to Folder:

http://www.skybuck.org/BlackPlugInOpticalSPDIF/

Link to Pictures (approx 3 megabyte per picture):
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 7th 19, 09:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
WTF is this on winfast nf4fsk8aa motherboard, wierd optical spdif?

wrote:
Never mind I figured it out.

I have two of these motherboards, I went to the brand new one, the backup motherboard.

Both are supposed to be second hand but...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors February 6th 19, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi Paul, I've just built the PC and all seems to be alright so I just want to thank you for you help for RAM and video matters. RAM is compatible but it works @2400mhz by bios...
Forum: General February 5th 19, 01:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
question about CPUs and GPUs

wasbit wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message
Yes wrote:
Snip

The number of shaders on video cards is going up. Only
Furmark...
Forum: General February 5th 19, 06:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
question about CPUs and GPUs

Paul wrote:
Yes wrote:
Just a bit of curiosity on my part the state of CPU and GPU (a
discrete graphics card) technology out there. I'm not ready to upgrade
my pc or build a new one...
Forum: General February 5th 19, 03:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Yes wrote:
Just a bit of curiosity on my part the state of CPU and GPU (a
discrete graphics card) technology out there. I'm not ready to upgrade
my pc or build a new one yet but read ads...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 19, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Anti-virus for XP?

John B. Smith wrote:

Downloaded and installed Free AVG 32 bit. All was well till the 2nd
morning when I turned off AVG's nag screen which was trying to sell me
the paid version. Suddenly my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 19, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Anti-virus for XP?

John B. Smith wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 13:42:20 -0200, Shadow wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:39:14 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

Forum: General January 29th 19, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Time For A New Motherboard?

tb wrote:
I use Clonezilla Live to back up a PC drive to a portable external HD
with a USB-A cable.

Recently Clonezilla Live has not been able to complete the job...
It basically seems to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 19, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
GBps to MB/s

amdx wrote:
To prevent spambots I need to answer this question to confirm
registration to a forum.

If USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 speed is 10Gbps, What is the speed of 10Gbps in
MB/s (Answer...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 23rd 19, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
I've just bought the MSI B450-A PRO because its price went down again within my budget, I just hope this will be a good purchase for my configuration and will keep good for the...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 23rd 19, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
Thanks a lot Paul for your time, I've learned so much about that.

I'd like to ask you a last opinion about this Gigabyte MB which is within my budget as well:
Gigabyte B450...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 21st 19, 07:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

MaxTheFast wrote:
Thanks for the new infos.
Well if the MB's manual is the MB's fingerprint I think I'd buy the MSI:
- 100 total pages VS asus's 30
- 20 pages about BIOS VS asus's 4
- 4...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 19, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

On 2019-01-19 10:43, Chris wrote:
Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court...