Search: Posts made by: Paul H
Forum: Acer Computers June 7th 10, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul H
Netbook wouldn't charge, Acer kept screws

My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I had
it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.

Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may...
Forum: Acer Computers December 5th 09, 04:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul H
2 Acer netbook XP problems...

My Acer netbook w/XP has changed.

1. It now does some kind of scan or something when it returns from stand-by
or hibernate or shutdown, etc. A line appears that shows a propeller made
of | / - \...
Forum: Acer Computers September 27th 09, 05:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul H
Can't turn off wireless.

I did appreciate his help, but the document mentions the 4 indicators as a
group, and the right most is for hard disk activity, so does not turn
anything on or off (I hope). None of the indicators...
Forum: Acer Computers September 25th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul H
Can't turn off wireless.

I found it. The indicator light above the function keys, while not
appearing to depress, somehow knows when one runs a finger over it, and
toggles the wireless off or on.

"BillW50"...
Forum: Acer Computers September 22nd 09, 03:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul H
Can't turn off wireless.

I just want an on-off switch, not disable it. I will only turn it off when
I am at home and plugged into Ethernet - else leave it on in the back yard
or at an internet cafe.

"BillW50"...
Forum: Acer Computers September 22nd 09, 12:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul H
Can't turn off wireless.

That is just a light that shows wireless activity - it cannot be depressed.

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Paul H wrote:
I have a...
Forum: Acer Computers September 21st 09, 11:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul H
Can't turn off wireless.

I have a new laptop - an ACER 5810TZ-4274 - but I cannot turn off the
wireless. Every other laptop had a switch, but I cannot find one in the
documentation. Since I use Ethernet at home, I don't...
Forum: Acer Computers September 19th 09, 02:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Reset Vista to "new"...

I used Acer eRecovery to cause the hidden disk partition to reformat the
disk and set Windows to factory condition.

"Happy Oyster" wrote in message...
Forum: Acer Computers September 19th 09, 04:13 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Reset Vista to "new"...

I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out of
the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
anyway...

"Happy Oyster" ...
Forum: Acer Computers September 19th 09, 03:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Reset Vista to "new"...

I have an Acer 4730Z w/Vista Home Premium. I want to put it back to factory
condition. How? Is there a hidden disk partition that will do it for me?
Press some key while start-up is going on? I...
Forum: Acer Computers September 9th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Posted By Paul H
Need Acer Windows 7 video driver...

I have Windows 7 running on my Acer Travelmate 2203LCI laptop. It runs
fine. But I need a Windows 7 video driver. The Microsoft generic driver
hurts performance and prevents the external monitor...
Forum: Acer Computers July 6th 09, 02:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Acer turns it's back on 2+ year old laptops

I need a newer Vista Home Premium than what came on my Acer 5610-2273
laptop. The early non-SP1 copy gave me trouble from day 1. See Acer's
response to my problem (below), bad English and all.

I...
Forum: Acer Computers February 5th 09, 05:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Vista -- XP need video driver

Thanks. Close, but not there yet. I need Intel GMA 950 integrated
graphics, I think, not 945.

"Eugene Maes" wrote in message...
Forum: Acer Computers February 4th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Posted By Paul H
Vista -- XP need video driver

I'm putting XP on an Acer 5610z that came with Vista Home Premium. I'm
using StorageCraft software (they facilitate moving windows to dissimilar
systems - see the PC Mag review -...