Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 13th 18, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By [email protected]
Aliens vs Predator 3 by Dice

Hello,

Here is an idea for a very successfull first person shooter, the ingredients are simply as follows:

1. Take Aliens vs Predator 2.
2. Take the engine of Alien Isolation or it's slow weapons...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 12th 18, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By [email protected]
Storing brains inside computer + Gaming = Ouch Horror.

I just had a terrible vision of the futu

1. People's brains are going to be stored inside computers.

2. The gaming industry will make copies of these human brains and use them as "AI" for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 29th 18, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Information = Time * States

Perhaps a better description for this formula would have been:

Information = Time * Transitions

Bye,
Skybuck.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 29th 18, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Information = Time * States

Hello,

After many spectra attacks, I think it's time I told you about my latest thoughts or even invention.

The formula:

Information = Time * States

Could also be thought of as :
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 18, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Concesus of AMD PSP security issue?

On Friday, June 8, 2018 at 8:16:28 PM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:
The AMD implementation still has full access to resources
in the computer, but it can't really use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 18, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Time Slice Visualizer to Detect Firmware Spyware using CPU.

Ok problem with webhosting solved.

Webhoster probably moved to a new sftp server while letting the old ftp server run :)

TimeSliceVisualizer application can now be downloaded from my humble website...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Time Slice Visualizer to Detect Firmware Spyware using CPU.

Some further observations, the program was written in 2012 so had to think/figure out how it worked exactly ! :)

The program will always try to consume maximum processing power for it's single...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Time Slice Visualizer to Detect Firmware Spyware using CPU.

So far my conclusion concerning mouse events and such would be:

1. Mouse events are handled by both cores on my Dual Core AMD X2 3800+.

2. Resizing of windows explorer is handled by one core...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Time Slice Visualizer to Detect Firmware Spyware using CPU.

Some further information:

1. Multiple instances can be started and via task manager affinity can be set to a specific core.

2. Screen of application can be resized and should then fill the new...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Time Slice Visualizer to Detect Firmware Spyware using CPU.

Now google groups isn't working lol.

Anyway here is the tool, I made it available via github cause mijndomein.nl is also not working...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Concesus of AMD PSP security issue?

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 8:00:19 PM UTC+2, Flasherly wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 00:55:00 -0400, xJumper
wrote:

There's been a lot of talk lately about CPU...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 18, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
Concesus of AMD PSP security issue?

The AMD implementation still has full access to resources
in the computer, but it can't really use them smoothly,
without upsetting the OS state that also uses the resources.
As for this...
Forum: Storage (alt) June 7th 18, 01:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Posted By [email protected]
BenQ FuQ !

The 2018 award for biggest piece of junk in the history of electronics goes to

BenQ !!!

For producing one of the most useless garbage cd/dvd rom reader/writer drives I have ever seen !

1. First...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 28th 18, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Posted By [email protected]
Important: Update your nvidia geforce/graphics driver to be secure !

I noticed my system crashing while playing this bubble game on agar.io website.

Blue screen of death

Driver nvlddmkm.sys was at fault.

I just checked nvidia's latest driver and it is confirmed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 18, 10:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

Oh forgot to mention one thing...

Apperently procmon is reading hosts to get this DNS or more likely it's using some reverse DNS lookup service/api from windows to convert IP to DNS, that's probably...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 18, 10:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

Ok issued resolved.

I added this line to hosts to see what effect it would have:

127.0.0.1 testtesttest

Nows procmon shows firefox is connecting to testtesttest.

According to info from the web...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 18, 09:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

(Couldn't post this yesterday posting this today):

I tried to block this relic dns address in hosts files on windows/system32/drivers/etc.

By copieing and pasting code/advise from somebody else.

#...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

This is a bit suspicious not sure what this is:

http://www.skybuck.org/Suspicious.jpg

When clicking on TCP receive and going to properties and then stack.

There is this unknown frame.

What are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

According to this guy on this link/forum:

This command line starts to show up when firefox starts opening sub processes/multi tab that kind of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

There is some weird **** on the firefox command line when it is started according to procmon, very weird:

"
"C:\Tools\Firefox\version 35.0.1\firefox.exe" -contentproc...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

A quick check of firefox add-ons turns up nothing... kinda stupid idea anyway to allow "add-on" for something as important/privacy vunerable/targetable as webbrowser.

Anyway for what it's worth here...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

Wow this tool has already proven usefull.

Apperently FireFox is infected with some kind of relic entertainment spy software.

It's sending small little infos to reliclive.quazal.net.

Not yet sure...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

I can confirm the new version of procmon 12/feb/2018 does work on my windows 7 system even when extracted.

So no it's not some kind of winrar system security bug or so :)

Was getting a bit worried...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

It seems Microsoft may have read my complaint about procmon not working in windows 7 in the past or it was a regular update.

The version in the winrar is new. It's from 12 february 2018 !

First...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 18, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By [email protected]
The Biggest Mistake in Windows 7 and such, Task manager does notfocus on harddisk performance !

Hmmm interesting.

If I run procmon directly from the winrar file it does work.

The extracted copy from some time ago does not work if I start it from windows explorer.

Not sure what is going on...