Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
New Build

wrote:
My nephew emailed me for computer advice.
Here is the specs he picked out.
https://imgur.com/a/7kgD1C0

Any tips?

First of all, for best performance on a dual...
Forum: General July 13th 18, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Need MOBO wiring intructions

wrote:
Need wiring instructions to connect up a motherboard to a desktop PC.
I was hoping to find same for a generic board. I can't find same for
mine. I am doing something...
Forum: General July 12th 18, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

Norm X wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Paul" wrote
[massive...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 18, 12:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I make my power supply fan turn faster?

Steve Hough wrote:
Rene Lamontagne was thinking very hard :

WARNING !!!!!! IF you open up the PSU be warned that the large Caps
can store a very dangerous Voltage. If your not familiar...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 18, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Can I make my power supply fan turn faster?

Paul wrote:
wrote:
The fan is making noise. I can stop it with a pencil. I sprayed a
jet of wd 40. It is a little more quiet. I think if I could get it
spinning faster...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 10th 18, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

mike wrote:
On 7/9/2018 9:41 AM, wrote:
The fan is making noise. I can stop it with a pencil. I sprayed a
jet of wd 40. It is a little more quiet. I think if I could get...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 9th 18, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
The fan is making noise. I can stop it with a pencil. I sprayed a
jet of wd 40. It is a little more quiet. I think if I could get it
spinning faster and give it one...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 6th 18, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Security using XP with Firefox no longer updating itself

John B. Smith wrote:
Firefox tells me they will no longer be updating their XP 32bit
version. Their solution: buy Windows 10 if I want to be secure. My
question to you guys is how much trouble...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 18, 01:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Paul[_26_]
SOLVED: Problem with Asus Prime X299-A UEFI BIOS

Bill Anderson wrote:
On 7/4/2018 11:04 PM, Paul wrote:
Bill Anderson wrote:
I'll post this even though I'm not convinced anybody who can use the
info will ever find it here. It's just...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 5th 18, 05:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Bill Anderson wrote:
I'll post this even though I'm not convinced anybody who can use the
info will ever find it here. It's just that I've received so much good
info in this newsgroup over...
Forum: General July 4th 18, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Need VGA video card for T3104 eMachine

VanguardLH wrote:
Wayne wrote:

The onboard video in my eMachines T3104 is out. The MOBO has a free
PCI slot. I would like to try a VGA video card in it if I could find
a cheap one. ...
Forum: General July 4th 18, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

wrote:
The onboard video in my eMachines T3104 is out. The MOBO has a free
PCI slot. I would like to try a VGA video card in it if I could find
a cheap one. Anyone know...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 18, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Bill wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:
Robert wrote:
Bill wrote in part:
Paul wrote:
To deal with Seamonkey I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 18, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Bill wrote:
Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:
Robert wrote:
Bill wrote in part:
Paul wrote:
To deal with Seamonkey I delete a few things manually.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 18, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Bill wrote:
Robert wrote:
Bill wrote in part:
Paul wrote:
To deal with Seamonkey I delete a few things manually.

I AM using Seamonkey too! Are there some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 18, 07:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Nil wrote:
On 01 Jul 2018, Paul wrote in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt:

I don't have a "counters.dat" on the C: drive.

I do! Three of then, in fact. I have no...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 18, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Bill wrote:
Paul wrote:

To deal with Seamonkey I delete a few things manually.

I AM using Seamonkey too! Are there some things that aren't getting
deleted that you could tell me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 18, 12:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Slightly off-topic: Tracking Files

Bill wrote:
I use CCleaner everyday to purge my browsing history, etc.
It used to run faster. It takes quite a while to even remove
"counters.dat", whatever that is. I don't remember it...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 26th 18, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Posted By Paul[_26_]
UPDATE: My new Asus Prime X299-A build

Bill Anderson wrote:
I see from the date of my first newsgroup post on this subject that I've
been working on motherboard problems for about two months now. So
here's an update for anybody...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 18, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
packaging of DIMMs (new componentry)

Paul wrote:
wrote:
I notice that some brands of memory come with the DIMM stuck in a black
platic tray (presumably the conductive anti-static stuff) but others are
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 23rd 18, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
I notice that some brands of memory come with the DIMM stuck in a black
platic tray (presumably the conductive anti-static stuff) but others are
totally in transparent...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 18, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Rosewill $25 Micro form case

Flasherly wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:58:29 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Nahhh... Not a box of cereal, but more like regular ATX/mini-type
towers. Hardly smaller. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 18, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Unreally Lucky HDD

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 19:41:17 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 17:38:15 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Cut&dry...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 18, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
2T SSD SATA - $250

Flasherly wrote:

Interesting is apparently SLC technology got a hole shot of its bottom
due to marketing factors.

SLC flash chips are still being made.
256Gbit = 32GB per...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 18, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
2T SSD SATA - $250

Flasherly wrote:

I'd personally question if I'd even want to classify the stuff in a
storage capacity.

It's because of "wear leveling", that the number of write
cycles on each cell is...