Search: Posts made by: Paul[_26_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Today, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Why does public IP address of home computer changed dependingon which ethernet port/nic is being used ?

wrote:
ipconfig /all on german laptop:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

Forum: General Yesterday, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

nospam wrote:
In article , Yousuf Khan
wrote:

Intel's processor prices have been going up recently, rather than...
Forum: General Yesterday, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.windows7.general
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Intel CPU prices going up?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Intel's processor prices have been going up recently, rather than down.
They're blaming it on production problems. Intel has been well known to
be stuck on the 14nm node...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's Yesterday, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

wrote:
Brief update:

New splitter has arrived, mailman stuffed it into the mailbox.

New splitter installed, green cable is hanging a bit though.

Did not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 14th 18, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
why different BIOS for Windows and Linux?

wrote:
I got a mainboard out of an Acer X3995, I wished to recycle.
First had to figure out the pins for the front panel switch and LEDs.
Going to Acer website, they have 4...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 18, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 11:19:15 PM UTC+8, RayLopez99 wrote:

2) I took the laptop to a PC shop. Several actually. The first couple were, much to my surprise,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 18, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

RayLopez99 wrote:
Thanks Paul.

I think I will take it to the PC shop, run by a bunch of Filipinos
who do good work but I always have to check their work since they use
pirated software...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 18, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 3:35:32 AM UTC+8, Flasherly wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:54:46 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99
wrote:

I forgot to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 18, 07:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

Char Jackson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 18:22:47 -0400, Paul wrote:

Char Jackson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:31:53 -0700 (PDT), ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

Char Jackson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:31:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Annoying perhaps, but critical to the success of any networking, whether
local on your LAN or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 11:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

wrote:
sure the router doesn't notice what you're doing to it :-)
I can have my router send a log packet to this
PC, so I can see what's going on.
You're...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 12:21:32 AM UTC+8, Paul wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:

Then I must find a key within 30 days to 'activate', agree?
You have had an...
Forum: General October 12th 18, 09:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Bluetooth Earbuds

tb wrote:
I am technologically challenged, so...

Does anyone know if wireless earbuds such as this one:
https://www.pcmag.com/review/359434/rha-ma650-wireless
can be used on a tablet...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

RayLopez99 wrote:

Then I must find a key within 30 days to 'activate', agree?

You have had an *activated* copy of Windows 10
on the machine already. Correct ?

If so, there is nothing to buy. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 05:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
USB stick that's bootable has TWO names

RayLopez99 wrote:
You know what I mean. The boot sector on the USB, which was formatted with
"Rufus" freeware to make it bootable, is tiny, a few hundred kB, but has a name.
Then the main...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

wrote:
Well, to get this lucrative project under way, I
need to know the *model number* of the modem. Just
in case it's a modem/router... Is it an Alcatel or
a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

RayLopez99 wrote:
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 5:32:06 PM UTC+8, Flasherly wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 01:25:00 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99
wrote:

I decided today...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 12:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
SSD and sleep mode?

Mike wrote:

Another thing I fret over is what used to be called the file allocation
table.
IF that's a fixed section of the drive, how do you wear level that?
Seems like that would be the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
What are your findings with SSDs ?

Paul wrote:
wrote:
Everytime my harddisk is slow/taxed I kinda wish and wondering about
SSDs... how much would I really like it ?!

What I would HATE :):):):) is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
How to clone from a current SSD to one previously used as theboot drive?

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

Unfortunately, I cloned using a hardware device that simply copies
everything over exactly the same.

Well, that's your problem right there.

The disk identifiers...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
How to clone from a current SSD to one previously used as theboot drive?

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
I have an Intel SSD that was my old boot drive on my system. I cloned
it to a new Samsung SSD with no problems. However, since the operating
system is still on the old...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

wrote:
Today I decided to call Ziggo, a company who delivers TV, Internet and Telephony.
I originally called to report a problem with my Analog Television !!!
One of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

wrote:
I have an idea, I could try and program a small little php script that sends some udp packets to my computer, maybe later even a full tcp/ip connection.

Not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
Everytime my harddisk is slow/taxed I kinda wish and wondering about SSDs... how much would I really like it ?!

What I would HATE :):):):) is losing all my data...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Posted By Paul[_26_]
Question about the win 10 update data loss

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
It was my understanding that the data loss was limited to data stored
in the C: users (name of user) Documents folder. Anyone know if
that's correct? I happen to have...