Old August 20th 07, 12:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Resca

Default Who makes motherboards for Acer?

I want to remove this gelded bios (Phoenix-Award workstation bios)
Acer gives you with their PCs. I just put in some new memory and now
the Bios goes into Safemode. I would like to be able to adjust the
memory voltage settings so I can upgrade my memory. Here is my system:

Model: ASE380-UD421A

Running an ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ and soon to be installing Vista premium.
Right now I am on a blank hard disk. Acer is sending me a new system
recovery disk.

My Asphire T671 motherboard is made by MSI. I found it thanks to a
D33008 printed between the PCI slots. This is the cross reference:

D33002 IBM-Hitachi
D33004 FOXCONN
D33005 ASUS
D33006 GIGABYTE
D33007 FIC
D33008 MSI
D33010 HIS
D33011 PowerColor-TUL
D33014 WD(old Fujistu)
D33015 WD
D33017 Hitachi-LG Optical
D33019 MAXTOR Simgapore
D33027 Seagate
D33032 Shuttle
D41039 Aopen
D33058 Chantech
D33064 DFI
D33068 Abit
D33071 MITEC
D33075 Sparkle
D33080 ????
D33083 GIGABYTE-QDI
D33088 Galaxy-FOXCONN
D33221 EPOX-CHINA
D33282 Albatron
D33171 ASMART
D31010 ASUS Old Factory
D33271 FOXCONN
D33A27 YUAN-Palit
D43136 GodenStar
D33529 Super Flower
D33108 SevenTeam
D33373 IBM-Excelstor
D41126 Logitech-SuZhou

Unfortunately it looks a board made only for ACER and no one of the very
good ser manuals fitted to my exact board, but they were of great help.

Good luck!