A Computer hardware and components forum. ComputerBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ComputerBanter.com forum » Processors » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 24th 10, 03:28 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,082
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

I've recently noticed a whole bunch of error events in my event log
having to do with something called the ATIeRecord. There are 3 different
eventid's associated with this source. The log entries usually are of
the form:

Source: ATIeRecord
EventID: 16386/16388/16391
Level: Error
Category: EEU

Going to Microsoft's Event Log Online Help results in no information
being found, of course.

Now, a bit about my system. This system does have an ATI video system,
but it's the integrated video, it's not my primary video. My primary
video is an Nvidia 8600GT video card. The ATI video gets disabled by the
BIOS automatically; and indeed Device Manager doesn't even show the ATI
adapter in the device list when the Nvidia is installed. So it's a
little puzzling why I should be getting any errors for the ATI video
adapter at all. My Nvidia video drivers are completely uptodate usually,
but I don't bother with the ATI video drivers since they can't be
installed when the ATI adapter is not visible in Device Manager.

I only noticed these log entries after a system crash today, which
resulted in me having to hit the reset button. These were the last
entries in the log prior to the reset. Any ideas?

Yousuf Khan
  #2  
Old December 24th 10, 03:51 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Alias[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

On 12/24/2010 04:28 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
I've recently noticed a whole bunch of error events in my event log
having to do with something called the ATIeRecord. There are 3 different
eventid's associated with this source. The log entries usually are of
the form:

Source: ATIeRecord
EventID: 16386/16388/16391
Level: Error
Category: EEU

Going to Microsoft's Event Log Online Help results in no information
being found, of course.

Now, a bit about my system. This system does have an ATI video system,
but it's the integrated video, it's not my primary video. My primary
video is an Nvidia 8600GT video card. The ATI video gets disabled by the
BIOS automatically; and indeed Device Manager doesn't even show the ATI
adapter in the device list when the Nvidia is installed. So it's a
little puzzling why I should be getting any errors for the ATI video
adapter at all. My Nvidia video drivers are completely uptodate usually,
but I don't bother with the ATI video drivers since they can't be
installed when the ATI adapter is not visible in Device Manager.

I only noticed these log entries after a system crash today, which
resulted in me having to hit the reset button. These were the last
entries in the log prior to the reset. Any ideas?

Yousuf Khan


Run malware and virus scans.

--
Alias
  #3  
Old December 25th 10, 02:17 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,082
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

On 24/12/2010 10:51 AM, Alias wrote:
Run malware and virus scans.


Do you have something serious to contribute?

Yousuf Khan
  #4  
Old December 25th 10, 02:50 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Paul
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,432
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
I've recently noticed a whole bunch of error events in my event log
having to do with something called the ATIeRecord. There are 3 different
eventid's associated with this source. The log entries usually are of
the form:

Source: ATIeRecord
EventID: 16386/16388/16391
Level: Error
Category: EEU

Going to Microsoft's Event Log Online Help results in no information
being found, of course.

Now, a bit about my system. This system does have an ATI video system,
but it's the integrated video, it's not my primary video. My primary
video is an Nvidia 8600GT video card. The ATI video gets disabled by the
BIOS automatically; and indeed Device Manager doesn't even show the ATI
adapter in the device list when the Nvidia is installed. So it's a
little puzzling why I should be getting any errors for the ATI video
adapter at all. My Nvidia video drivers are completely uptodate usually,
but I don't bother with the ATI video drivers since they can't be
installed when the ATI adapter is not visible in Device Manager.

I only noticed these log entries after a system crash today, which
resulted in me having to hit the reset button. These were the last
entries in the log prior to the reset. Any ideas?

Yousuf Khan


Perhaps before your 8600GT was installed, you used the
ATI for a short time ? Perhaps some ATI daemon is still
running (gets launched at startup), even though the driver
itself isn't running.

Check in Task Manager, and see what is running. Or use
one of the Sysinternals tools (Process Explorer).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653

Paul
  #5  
Old December 25th 10, 04:01 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Yousuf Khan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,082
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

On 24/12/2010 9:50 PM, Paul wrote:
Perhaps before your 8600GT was installed, you used the
ATI for a short time ? Perhaps some ATI daemon is still
running (gets launched at startup), even though the driver
itself isn't running.


Yes, that's right, it was running on the internal video for a while,
while I was setting up the system originally, but that was way back when
this system was running Windows XP. I've since replaced that with
Windows 7, which was by definition a fresh clean install since there's
no way to upgrade from XP to 7. When Windows 7 was installed, it went
straight on with the Nvidia card already in place. I don't think I ever
removed the Nvidia card before the Windows 7 install.

Anyways, I did do a search for ATI-related processes, and I found two so
far, ATIECLXX.EXE & ATIESRXX.EXE. So maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the ATI
video may have become active for some reason during the time this system
was running Windows 7. I found the solution on the AMD help forums
itself on how to remove this service, just run the following command
from an admin command-line:

sc delete "AMD External Events Utility"

That's after you've stopped that service, of course. Hopefully this will
have cleared up the problem.

Here's the link to the AMD forum posting:

AMD Game Forums - How to remove atieclxx.exe and atiesrxx.exe?
"Go to Admin Tools, then Services .. look in services list for AMD
External Events Utility - stop the service. The open a command prompt
with elevated ( admin ) rights and type - sc delete "AMD External
Events Utility" and that should clear it up .."
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=121536

Yousuf Khan
  #6  
Old December 25th 10, 08:52 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Alias[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

On 12/25/2010 03:17 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 24/12/2010 10:51 AM, Alias wrote:
Run malware and virus scans.


Do you have something serious to contribute?

Yousuf Khan


I'm serious.

--
Alias
  #7  
Old December 25th 10, 07:58 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Frank
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default ATIeRecord EEU Error Event in Windows 7?

On 12/25/2010 12:52 AM, Alias wrote:
On 12/25/2010 03:17 AM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 24/12/2010 10:51 AM, Alias wrote:
Run malware and virus scans.


Do you have something serious to contribute?

Yousuf Khan


I'm serious.

Wrong! You're "seriously stupid".
Oops!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
event log error MZB Dell Computers 3 April 27th 10 03:40 AM
What is this Event Viewer error? J Lunis General 1 August 28th 08 11:53 PM
Event ID 51 error J Lunis General 1 December 11th 06 08:11 PM
Disk error in Windows event log with GA-6VX7-4X motherboard Gilles Vollant Gigbyte Motherboards 3 July 26th 06 02:51 PM
Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro, ITE 8212F latest driver and strange error in Windows XP event log Gilles Vollant Gigbyte Motherboards 4 July 17th 05 11:07 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 ComputerBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.