Acer HELL: What PCI video card can I use ????

Old May 30th 04, 11:16 PM

Default Acer HELL: What PCI video card can I use ????

Yes, I did all that. Seems I am not alone having trouble with the Stealth/Acer mix. A search on google
shows this has happened to others. Guess my only option is to try another card: any suggestions ?
What do you use ?

FYI I have been building systems from scratch since the mid 80's (don't ask how old I am!). This is the first time
I've come across any trouble installing video cards, even on systems where I had two: AGP and PCI.
Thanks for the help.

I just bought a Diamond Stealth S80, 128 megs...nice. Installed it in
my Aspire (not sure what model it is.anybody can tell me how to tell
what model it is ?),. anyway, it froze up...would not boot past the XP
entry screen.

did you remove all your other video card drivers? wipe the registry clean
of any references to them too?

video cards are notoriously a hassle to replace, especially if your new
card comes from a different manufacturer than your original card.