Service manual for acer travelmate 800 series

Old February 28th 05, 12:20 AM
Darren

"Mack" wrote in :

I also have a TM800 and have searched for a service
manual a while ago. If you pop it into Google I think
that you will find a site which will download one for
about $10.00. Acer absolutely will not sell one except
to an authorized repair station. Would you happen to
know where the CMOS battery is located and how to
get the last thing loose which is holding the bottom
lid on? Regards

Hi, I have taken my laptop apart and took some pictures of it, I didn't
find the CMOS battery which I assume is on the other side of the board with
the wifi card and bluetooth chip. Taking the whole mainboard out looks a
bit more complicated because of the heatsink/fan. I might do it at some
point. I've attached a few photos of the insides.
Old February 28th 05, 07:49 AM
barbibiz

Hi Darren,
Please email me privately(ASAP)...I can help over the service manual.
Felicity

Old April 19th 05, 02:28 AM
robin.n

Hi all,

I too am looking for a service manual for the Acer Travelmate 803 LCi.
I assume, that the CMOS-battery slipped out of place (had an accident
with the laptop in my rucksack)

Felicity: maybe you can help?

Thanks in advance & greetings,

Robin

Old April 19th 05, 06:11 AM
barbibiz

Hello Robin,
I have found that site.. please send me your email address ..
I send the file to that site, I nominate whom I want to pick it up, in turn
they let you know that there is a file waiting for you to pick up..
regardsFelicity

news:[email protected] .com...

Old April 29th 05, 10:30 AM
chill

I cant find out how to replace the internal RAM. Support says I must
remove the keyboard but I do not see how to do this. Any advice?

TM800

Old April 30th 05, 06:31 PM
robin.n

Hi Felicity,

I'm sorry, that it took so long to reply, but my account for this
forum was deactivated and I had to figure out how to contact the
admin.

I'd appreciate it if you could mail me the service manual to
red_baron(replace_with_at)uni.de

Thanks again & greetings,
Robin

Old June 17th 05, 05:16 AM
Jockey

Hi,

Could someone please mail me a copy of the Acer TravelMate 800 series
service manual. I would appreciate if someone could take time off and send
me this copy.

Thanks, Pleasant day!

Old June 17th 05, 09:48 PM
cdgraphix

I would absolutely love if you could post or send the keyboard replacement!
I need to do the same thing. Finally did what we all fear, spilled water
on my laptop (TM800 LCi). Lucky it's just the keyboard...

Service manual would be great, too, for anyone that has it...