HP Color Laser Jet 1600

Old September 6th 17, 09:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_4_]

Default HP Color Laser Jet 1600

On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 08:16:12 -0700, julie.turnage wrote:

On Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 2:04:24 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
HannaK wrote:
Anybody? Any suggestion?

Hanna This is not a cartridge problem since one of your cartridges
works OK in another printer.
There is an issue with this printer and some others that are similar
with dust getting on to the laser lenses, this appears to affect
magenta (red) first because the magenta lense is at the bottom of the
laser array.
The problem is that the laser assembly needs to be removed so that the
lenses can be cleaned with compressed air or dry cotton swabs. This is
a complicated job and takes quite some time.
I cannot be sure this problem is what you are experiencing but I think
it is. There is an instruction for doing this work. Is your e-mail
address valid, if so I will send the instruction to you but whoever
does the work will need to be technically skilled to remove the laser
assembly from the printer.
Tony

Tony, I work for a school and they have the link block on how to fix the
red printing problem. Can you please send me the PDF file to my school
email?
thank you so much

Since you're answering a very old post, I'm not sure what your actual
problem is. If it's a magenta 'cast' over prinouts, then I had that on a
2600 and there was a simple fix. Tell us more.
Old September 6th 17, 09:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

HannaK wrote:
[...]

I cannot remember this post from the hundreds if queries I receive each year
but will see if I can find the link and send you whatever I get. Give me a few
days.
Good luck
Tony