A Computer hardware and components forum. ComputerBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ComputerBanter.com forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Homebuilt PC's
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Panaflow



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 20th 18, 04:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,111
Default Panaflow

More blades and veins and efficiency. I've original stock specs. I
want better, the good stuff, although taking apart my stock
Coolermaster heatsinks, next physical size up, the amount of
contaminants is and will be considerable. I'm getting a radical
Phenom II temperature difference, remounting, not to ignore
significant cleaning, from the last Intel the Coolermaster serviced.
Short of an alcohol soak and bath, which was properly indicated;- also
have 220V 60gal air compressor that's pretty close to stock
restoration. Same 95 wattage CPU reserve, which is tempting to think
the Intel run the hotter CPU: fully loading down the PhenII in the
background, I'm seeing nowhere near a 45F discrepancy the Intel would
often dissipated at 140F+ across all four cores. (Provided that AMD
"offset scheme" of sensors isn't biting me in the butt.) The fins
around the heatwicks weren't exactly blocked, not more than 15 or 20%,
prior to cleaning them.

Anyway, this fan, the one I'll be looking for, is to update a newer
and hybrid type of class-D "stage" amp, I leave at 2/3rd open volume,
for a mixer boosted from vacuum tubes acting as a buffer between the
mixer outputs and amp(s). Two buffering units, actually, which do a
great job leveling out odd-harmonics, evenly "glassifying" all but
bass, in balancing a "sort-of" a bi-amped setup running in an array of
both 4- and 8-ohm speaker impedances.

The other amp, it was supposed to have exploded its capacitors, into a
white, nasty mess of inner-amp chassis lining. Decades ago, as
opposed blueprints exported to Chinese production facilities for
common two-, three-years operability. Going with stage quality
production may, or not, mean more. How much, though, past a better
fan, the least I can do for the amps sensor support LED readout on the
output, at 45C, may be but a hopeful matter of conjecture.

I've been regularly killing these new generation of things - amps and
EQ units - on a pretty regular basis over the past decade;- A
relatively cheap Behringer mixer being the exception;. . .6J1 tube
buffering units being a relatively new extension, evidently a sole
Chinese engineering offset of interests exposed to Western reserves
and tradition for high-fidelity reproduction.
  #2  
Old October 20th 18, 05:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_26_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 832
Default Panaflow

Flasherly wrote:
More blades and veins and efficiency. I've original stock specs. I
want better, the good stuff, although taking apart my stock
Coolermaster heatsinks, next physical size up, the amount of
contaminants is and will be considerable. I'm getting a radical
Phenom II temperature difference, remounting, not to ignore
significant cleaning, from the last Intel the Coolermaster serviced.
Short of an alcohol soak and bath, which was properly indicated;- also
have 220V 60gal air compressor that's pretty close to stock
restoration. Same 95 wattage CPU reserve, which is tempting to think
the Intel run the hotter CPU: fully loading down the PhenII in the
background, I'm seeing nowhere near a 45F discrepancy the Intel would
often dissipated at 140F+ across all four cores. (Provided that AMD
"offset scheme" of sensors isn't biting me in the butt.) The fins
around the heatwicks weren't exactly blocked, not more than 15 or 20%,
prior to cleaning them.

Anyway, this fan, the one I'll be looking for, is to update a newer
and hybrid type of class-D "stage" amp, I leave at 2/3rd open volume,
for a mixer boosted from vacuum tubes acting as a buffer between the
mixer outputs and amp(s). Two buffering units, actually, which do a
great job leveling out odd-harmonics, evenly "glassifying" all but
bass, in balancing a "sort-of" a bi-amped setup running in an array of
both 4- and 8-ohm speaker impedances.

The other amp, it was supposed to have exploded its capacitors, into a
white, nasty mess of inner-amp chassis lining. Decades ago, as
opposed blueprints exported to Chinese production facilities for
common two-, three-years operability. Going with stage quality
production may, or not, mean more. How much, though, past a better
fan, the least I can do for the amps sensor support LED readout on the
output, at 45C, may be but a hopeful matter of conjecture.

I've been regularly killing these new generation of things - amps and
EQ units - on a pretty regular basis over the past decade;- A
relatively cheap Behringer mixer being the exception;. . .6J1 tube
buffering units being a relatively new extension, evidently a sole
Chinese engineering offset of interests exposed to Western reserves
and tradition for high-fidelity reproduction.


The top cover on an Intel processor has a "different curve"
then the top cover of an AMD processor. The Intel processors that
used solder (like LGA775), the top is convex and the solder is under
mechanical stress. If you de-lid one of those processors, it makes
a "popping" sound when it lets go. (The de-lid procedure may use
a blow torch to heat the solder, while the CPU is inverted in
a holder.)

If the fan/heatsink assembly doesn't meet the CPU flush, the contact
area can be reduced and that affects the theta_R.

It means the Intel just might be more sensitive to the type
of paste used (to fill the gap).

*******

And Panaflow is a fluid dynamic bearing, with a sealed
portion to hold the couple drops of oil. It's probably
one of the first fans to make that popular. Sleeve bearing
and ball bearing fans are more open to the elements.

Paul
  #3  
Old October 20th 18, 06:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,111
Default Panaflow

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:54:24 -0400, Paul
wrote:


The top cover on an Intel processor has a "different curve"
then the top cover of an AMD processor. The Intel processors that
used solder (like LGA775), the top is convex and the solder is under
mechanical stress. If you de-lid one of those processors, it makes
a "popping" sound when it lets go. (The de-lid procedure may use
a blow torch to heat the solder, while the CPU is inverted in
a holder.)

If the fan/heatsink assembly doesn't meet the CPU flush, the contact
area can be reduced and that affects the theta_R.

It means the Intel just might be more sensitive to the type
of paste used (to fill the gap).



I prefer the premium mating compounds. Others are similar enough to
be just as good, although I forgotten, from a baggie full of twenty or
more tubes, usually just reaching for Arctic Silver brands. They've
almost a metallic consistency for extending out a 5/16" snap-off
(portions) of a box-cutting razor. True enough, I aim for thinner
consistency to the spread than the Coolermaster deserves, with
significant ridges between mating the aluminum and flattened copper
heatwick pipes. I could probably spot it for "true" with a suitable
flatedge and magnification.

To be fair, the shape I found the whole cooler assembly, swapping the
backplate, X-bracket, and heatsink over to the Phenom II on new MB, it
would have been best to clean thoroughly, fresh with alcohol all
mating surfaces, remounted carefully, then to first test for validity
on the same encodes across quad-loads for 140-145F.

I won't touch, despise creamy white silicon compounds almost as much
as affixed tape compound;- Fine for somebody else, just not on my
personal computers.

I'll have to remember to look next time I mess with the Intel. There
are decent looking manuf refurb Dell S775 MBs on an Ebay outlet. A
gamble the Intel survived lightning, for a bit tattered for its age by
comparison to PhenomII offerings, and not least to mention I'm gunshy
of a bunch of goofy Dell proprietary workings.

Not sure it was exactly a Panaflow I'd matched to the fan ratings in a
Crown amplifier. I'd looked about a month ago, recognizing the brand.
More blades and more CFM. One of the easiest thing, among electronic
components, fans, to find from within review-ratings that surface for
excellent. The Crown looks like it's going to play nice, so I should
be nice and give it gifts.


*******

And Panaflow is a fluid dynamic bearing, with a sealed
portion to hold the couple drops of oil. It's probably
one of the first fans to make that popular. Sleeve bearing
and ball bearing fans are more open to the elements.

  #4  
Old October 20th 18, 06:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,111
Default Panaflow

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:28:23 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

....I'm gunshy of a bunch of goofy Dell proprietary workings.

-
I've old spare aluminum heatsink material, thinking I haven't a
problem devising my own CPU cooler for that particular Dell MB (CPU
mounted on corner quadrant at angles perpendicular to board edges).
Extra heavy compound and a flat and not perpendicular MB placement.
I've seen where people have used select automotive gasket-sealer
material in CPU applications. A result, which I suspect, that could
be hot to very, provided all that mini-monkey-shine business for an
old Intel CPU that still has any inkling left to power up;- Prognosis:
not, particularly, looking so good. Also may have, need check a mess
of leftover but potentially compatible DDR3 modules suitable for these
newer Gigabyte AMD3+ MBs;- Prognosis: yeppers, worth the shot for
kitchen-sink and potluck assembly material.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ComputerBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.