Compaq presario r3140us - power questions/wirelesss connection - not working

Old October 14th 04, 05:56 PM
Zuri

Default Compaq presario r3140us - power questions/wirelesss connection - not working

Hi,

Just bought a refurbished one, at Fry's.

1. Is there any power supply that is smaller and lighter for this
model?

2. If I will use it overseas, is the ground polarity on the
electrical outlet, must be in the adapter (meaning, do I need to have
a three holes adapter, or can I use the two-holes)?

3. During my flights I would like to watch movies and such, which
I downloaded. What will be more power efficiant, using my (burned)
DVDs to watch the movies, or to play them from the HD?

4. On a different asspect, I was not able to surf the net via the
wireless. Only thru the LAN. The wireless signals are excellent
(11Mb), and the system recognize when it is connected, but the "page
can not be displayed" message apears in teh IE6.

I am sure that I miss something in the "Internet options" - like
setting the connection (not LAN).

Please advice.

Thanks.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 September 23rd 04 12:21 PM
my new mobo o/c's great rockerrock Overclocking AMD Processors 10 June 30th 04 08:17 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 April 17th 04 11:03 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 March 27th 04 11:29 AM
NF7-S power up problem Jeff Green Abit Motherboards 9 January 18th 04 08:06 PM