How GT 520 auto detect VGA,HDMI,DVI device ? Is there manualoverride ?

Old July 22nd 19, 03:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shinnokxz[_2_]

Default How GT 520 auto detect VGA,HDMI,DVI device ? Is there manualoverride ?

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 3:13:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Problem with this setup is that GT 520 believes receiver to be a monitor and switches to it automatically on boot, with different/weird results, either no screen, or bad screen.

The issue is an agelong tale where Microsoft is only just starting to work around. Default output device support. In essence you would think that being able to route different audio output to different hardware would be a no brainer, but this has always been a foregone problem. I use CheVolume to 'mix' my sounds (stuff in my headphones, browser over the the TV, etc.)

Some software, games, has the ability to recognize individual sound outputs and you can nip it in the bud there. But all the mainstream software like web browsers will always use your default device.