Best SSD deal

Old July 7th 18, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Best SSD deal

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 23:11:58 -0400, Bill wrote:

My previous system had two 128GB SDDs, the second acquired as
prices came down. It worked pretty well for me, but my wife had
trouble coordinating the aspect that the first was chiefly for
files that Windows expected to find on the C: drive, and she
filled it up (and gave up frustrated). She can pretty much get by
with a phone and an Ipad--and I think she prefers that. In the
meantime, I have a pretty good back up computer in the next room
should mind give me any trouble. My point is, however, that 1
larger SSD is easier to manage than 2 small ones. Since you're
not paying much more for an SSD than for 16GB of RAM, it doesn't
seem like it's worth scrimping there. Some folks spend $500 or
more for a GPU; I make it up there.

Bill

How the SDD fits your needs may prove suitable to a larger than
smaller SSD.

It wouldn't for me. I've 10TB of HDD storage, rather half that in
addition to a backed-up state. I've then three computers, besides, so
the focus for me can turn away, somewhat, from an active 5TB or
portions thereof, according to how it's deployed across the three
computers.

It's a nice break, I think, to I can turn to a likes of a 120GB SDD,
(although I'd suspect a weight of cost value to be priced into a 256GB
SDD). It's like getting out from underneath a JOB, carefully
considering the organization of 5TB, to have the extra storage
resources for a less demanding and developmental aspect, such as for
multiple operating systems in a limited yet sufficient capacity to
explore and implement from a regular conveyor-belt of new
technological advancements.

Thankfully that isn't an imposition in our case, you or I needn't
spend $500, as their are plenty of inexpensive hardware applications,
viable alternatives worth exploration in the broader context of
non-gaming computers. A Brazilian, sometimes to be found in this
group, I can think of, can provide the very antithesis of that from
high technological restrictions and intermediary South American
governmental price manipulations off the Pacific Rim tech sector.