Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Old January 10th 04, 08:51 AM
smh

Default Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

You can't stand rants, but can you stand LIES and FRAUDS?

Subject: Packet writing and XP Home

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote (1/5/04):

There is a UDF standard.

At least until recently...
only Roxio was fully compliant with it.

I believe that XP's read capability is also fully compliant.

======================
From: Adrian Miller (ex-cRoxio)
Date: 10/29/01

The UDF support built into XP is violently incompatible
with DCD prior to 5.1
======================

Imagine fully compliant, but violently incompatible!

-------------------------------
Mikey, you are a Friggin' ****!
-------------------------------
Old January 10th 04, 08:51 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old January 16th 04, 10:01 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

You can't stand rants, but can you stand LIES and FRAUDS?

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote (1/5/04):

There is a UDF standard.

At least until recently...
only Roxio was fully compliant with it.

Is this what you get after DirectCD *fully* complied with the UDF
standard, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: DirectCD on a different computer won't recognize CD
Date: 3/2/03

S.V. Proff wrote:

I have Direct CD both at home and work. The other day I
brought home an "open" CD from work. I discovered that
my CDR at home won't recognize the CD automatically.

If the two DCD versions are quite different, that may be enough.
======================

No kidding! DirectCD's are NOT compatible even to themselves
despite they are *fully* compliant with the udf standard!

------------------------
No friggin' ****, Mikey!
------------------------

============================
"S.V. Proff" wrote (3/4/03):

I have version 5.20 at work and 5.01 at home of the Roxio
project manager. I guess they must not be compatible...

5.20 and 5.01 ???!!!

Guess that's what Mikey Richter meant by "if two DCD versions
are quite different".

That's some "quite different" for sure!
============================

Old January 16th 04, 10:01 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old January 23rd 04, 06:18 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

From: smh
Subject: Audio and Data files on same CD
Date: 1/19/04

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote (1/18/04):

London Midland & Scotland wrote:
Tim Kroesen (Pipsqueak) wrote:

Burn the audio first, then the data!

That is not the case with the number of commercial disks that I have played
with, data was first..

Nero can do it all in one hit.

I am not surprised that Nero can make a Mixed Mode disc, but that is
*not* what you buy a commercial disc.

This is elementary material. Please see one of the usual reference for
the basics of multisession: the CD-R FAQ or the primer at my WWW site.

Elementary, Mikey?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Subject: Why can't i make a mixed-mode CD?
Date: 5/12/01

Goran Marinic wrote:
Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote...

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition.
I found it out by reading the definition.

And where did you read this definition? I find it very hard to
believe.

There is a glossary at Roxio's site.
There is a CD-R FAQ.
I also have the ECMA standards

- but am not inclined to do your research for you.

Why do you find it hard to believe that a disc with at least two
sessions is multisession? Is there something about the number two
which you equate to "single"? Or have you a definition for a
dataudio session?
=====================

Amazingly, Mikey's supposed to have found out from the SILENT
definition!

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/17/01

I believe the Roxio site ... is silent on the subject,
providing only a definition in terms of track sequence.
=====================

And from the misleading than helpful ECMA standard!

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Subject: Mixed Mode
Date: 5/14/01

Thanks to the input here, I have to do some research.

My problem may be in part terminology and there the ECMA
standard may be more misleading than helpful
======================

Is Mixed Mode back to multisession, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' ****)
Date: 5/17/01

I learned from previous discussion here that I was in error
(see my post with Subject "Mixed Mode")
======================

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum)
Date: 5/14/01

Yes, the FAQ says that a Mixed Mode disc is written in a single
session.

I don't doubt it ... but it conflicts with other information
I have gleaned from references

Sure is elementary, Friggin' ****!!!

Old January 23rd 04, 06:18 AM
smh