Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Old November 11th 03, 06:25 AM
smh

Default Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Lost data on CDs - is it the CD or Roxio's Easy CD Creator
Date: 3/27/02

Even when all the data have been written, the write is not complete. For
reasons discussed in the primer at my site, the directory information is
not written until the disc is ejected.
======================

In that case pressing the computer's RESET button will surely result in
a disaster, won't it, Mikey?

From: DeepOne
Subject: CD-RW Disc broken on DirectCD
Date: 7/9/00

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

When you load a fixed-length packet disc, the directory information
is read from the disc and translated in RAM. When you write to the
disc, the data are recorded immediately but the directory is updated
only in RAM. When you eject the disc or shut down Windows properly,
the directory information is transformed and written back to the disc.
Therefore, from the time you change something in the (RAM) directory
until that writeback, you can lose the directory if you have a
failure. That failure can be a power transient or a system lockup or
even forcing the disc to eject (in spite of the lock) using hardware.

I don't believe this is true with the latest versions of DirectCD (I'm
using 2.5d with Win98SE).

I've watched the disc write lights on my Plextor drives when ejecting a
DirectCD CD-RW disc, and the drive never does any writing at that time.

Once, in an attempt to prove this, I wrote a bunch of files to a
DirectCD CD-RW disc. As soon as the write pulses ceased,

I pressed the computer's RESET button.

After the computer restarted, the CD-RW disc was fine, and all the files
I had just written were fully accessible.

--------------------------------------
Old November 13th 03, 04:29 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 5/7/02

forcing a fixed-length packet disc to be released with
the button on the drive is an invitation to disaser.

It should always be ejected through software so that
pending writes including the directory are completed.

DCD 5.x allows hardware ejection, but even then it is
*very* bad practice.
=====================

Hardware eject is a *very* bad practice, yet DirectCD 5.x allows it!
Do cRoxio programmers specialize in *very* bad practice?

One more reason to add that to the ****ty list:

cRoxio Programmers are ****ty

How about pressing the RESET button? Surely, wouldn't it be
worse than the *very* bad practice, Mikey?

Old November 13th 03, 04:29 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old November 13th 03, 04:29 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old November 15th 03, 07:34 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)

[ Why does DirectCD use SPARING technique? Why the bother, Mikey? ]

From: smh
Subject: Packet writing software for Windows XP
Date: 8/13/02

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

The effective lifetime of the disc is better measured in ejections than
in erase cycles. Despite specification numbers of the order of a
thousand cycles, experience has suggested a practical limit at least an
order of magnitude less.

Do you know more than cRoxio?

DirectCD for Windows Technical FAQs
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinfaqs.html

" In practical terms, you will probably
never wear out a CD-RW disc. "

[ Mikey, should you not have cRoxio rewrite the above? ]

--------------------------------------
Old November 15th 03, 07:34 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old November 15th 03, 07:34 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

======================================

Old November 16th 03, 07:30 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)

[ Why does DirectCD use SPARING technique? Why the bother, Mikey? ]

From: smh
Subject: tdk 40/12/48 rw trouble
Date: 10/30/02

Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill) wrote:

Erasable media wear out, particularly with the sort of use
fixed-length packets usually give them.

Is cRoxio lying?

Old November 16th 03, 07:30 AM
smh