Will Nero6 fix this Nero5 annoyance?

Old January 5th 04, 03:25 PM
dgk

Default Will Nero6 fix this Nero5 annoyance?

Every time I want to burn a DAO disc in Nero5, with no gaps. I have to
highlight all the tracks except the first, choose properties, and set
the pause to 0. That is annoying and I want it to be the default. If
anyone knows a setting in 5 to fix this, please let me know.

Otherwise, is this available in 6? It's worth upgrading just for that,
at least for me. Thanks.
Old January 5th 04, 03:41 PM
Graham Mayor

Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm
--

Graham Mayor

Old January 5th 04, 09:58 PM
Anton Gysen

Graham Mayor wrote:
Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Er... I think what the OP wants is to make MP3 compilations, etc.
Don't get me wrong, EAC is an excellent program but all it can do is rip
CDs and burn images.

This "bug" as you describe (I'd call it more like a feature, seeing as
you can't change the gap of the first track) doesn't disappear in Nero
6, I wish it would.

Anton

Old January 5th 04, 10:17 PM
dgk

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:41:14 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Not a bad idea but I tried that once. The problem with EAC was that
drag and drop acted funny. That is, the order of the tracks changed,
something like the first track became the next to last. I looked into
it and it isn't EAC, it was a Windows thing. I wrote a simple program
in Visual Basic and did a drag/drop and it got the order wrong also.
Other folks using drag and drop must be correcting it on their own.

But I will read the tutorial and try it again. Thanks.

Old January 5th 04, 10:20 PM
dgk

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:58:50 +0000, Anton Gysen
wrote:

Graham Mayor wrote:
Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Er... I think what the OP wants is to make MP3 compilations, etc.
Don't get me wrong, EAC is an excellent program but all it can do is rip
CDs and burn images.

This "bug" as you describe (I'd call it more like a feature, seeing as
you can't change the gap of the first track) doesn't disappear in Nero
6, I wish it would.

Anton

No, it was just for WAV files. I think you can't change the first
track because the pause is required by the red/yellow/green/whatever
specs. I wrote to Ahead about three years ago asking for this as an
option. I can't be the only one. They must just be stupid. I mean, it
would just involve storing one more setting and looking at it during
the drop operation and making that the default.

Old January 5th 04, 11:23 PM
XPG

Not a bad idea but I tried that once.

Have you tried Feurio?
The MP3 decoder is faster and better. It will detect corrupt MP3 files,
unlike Nero.
It's just much more serious than Nero.

See if your drive is supported:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml